Hark! A Mongoose!

Bits & Mortar is proud to announce the addition of Mongoose Publishing to our initiative!

Retailers: Due to the large size of Mongoose’s catalog, it will likely some time for a wide offering of Mongoose’s products to fully manifest. Mongoose will be focusing on the higher-demand items & bigger titles first.

9 Responses to “Hark! A Mongoose!”

1. Paul Hillers says:

Will Mongoose offer the pdf’s for the books of the Traveller series they have published?

2. Darren says:

From James Sutton: “…we have no plans to join the Bits-and-Mortar program at this time, sorry. Mongoose asked us about it, but we have some legal clauses in our licenses that make it difficult for us to do so (in a simple nutshell).”

Bummer!

3. Darren says:

Wonderful news, Matthew. Thanks so much for getting back to me on this, and thanks again to Fred for the pingback. We would REALLY look forward to offering Red Brick’s lines for our customers if they decide to jump on board. They’ve really impressed me with the quality and imagination of their remakes.

4. Matthew Sprange says:

Hi Darren,

We are currently talking to all our third party studios (those marketed under Flaming Cobra) to get their PDFs up for this program. Brutal Games (the Corporation RPG) is already in the process of this, and we hope to get Red Brick on board, not only with Earthdawn, but also the forthcoming Fading Suns and Blue Planet RPGs (they will be popular) as soon as possible.

Wish I could give a firm date on this, but we are reliant on Red Brick and they are very busy chaps at the moment!

5. Darren says:

Thanks a bunch, Fred. I’ll keep my eyes peeled here.

6. Darren says:

Think we’ll be seeing Red Brick’s new Earthdawn line in the Mongoose .pdf lineup?

• fred says:

Hi Darren. Not sure; sometimes the rights on lines like that can get tricky. I’ll ask Mongoose folks to drop by & comment definitively.

7. fred says:

Our publishers are usually pretty comfortable about taking care of that sort of situations, David. That said, Mongoose has uploaded all of its stuff by this point, as far as I know. 🙂

8. What happens if I go to my local store to buy a Mongoose product that isn’t on your PDF list yet? Would I be able to get the PDF later on or do I loose the right to have a free PDF if I buy it before the scheme covers that product?

9. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Fred Hicks, Bits & Mortar. Bits & Mortar said: New post: Hark! A Mongoose! http://www.bits-and-mortar.com/2011/02/hark-a-mongoose/ […]